Why are comic book and fantasy films so predominate today?
Everywhere you look there’s a new article or movie about some imaginary being or comic book character filling the screen and our imagination. Is there no room left in our collective psyche for drama, mystery or suspense?
Spiderman, Superman, Batman, the Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, Wolverine, X-Men, Hellboy, Zombies, Vampires, Wizards and the list goes on…
It’s as if we have a collective writers block going on simultaneously combined with a Nerd & Geeks eclipse. Surely there have to be more than one or two token movies of realism other than Captain Phillips? Oh, there were others? I can’t recall their names.
I have to wonder if all of this entertainment genre is going to suddenly disappear like the old monster movies? What do you think?
- The Golden Age of Comic Book Films (patrickhallwrites.com)
- Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman (Variety Online)
- Superhero Movie News: “X-men,” “The Avengers 2,” “Batman vs. Superman” (popinsomniacs.com)
- 10 Movie Franchises Set to Hit the Big Screen in 2015 (Wall Street Cheat Sheet)
- Jason Momoa to star in the forthcoming Superman vs Batman film (telegraph.co.uk)
- Comic books make heroic return to popularity (calebhennington.wordpress.com)
- How “The Avengers” Is Ruining the Superhero Movie (thenerdsofcolor.org)