It’s almost that time for the hob goblins and the little monsters to reappear on their annual trek to enter into the dentist book of world sweet tooth. Along with that mayhem, the entertainment world has taken full advantage of the opportunity to thrill or scare movie goers.
Time to put things in perspective. What are the scariest movies (top 10 to 20 perhaps) of all time? Yes, black & white films are part of the possibilities… I’ve been informed by my daughter that “Young Frankenstein” doesn’t count as part of the list. Darn, and I thought Igor was very convincing…
Top 20 Scariest Movies of All Time
- Rest Stop (Rotten Tomatoes rates this 0% – it’s quite scary despite their low rating)
- Friday the 13th
- The Shining
- Ghost (Just checking to see if you’re awake – I know it’s not scary)
- The Exorcist
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- Night of the Living Dead
- The Silence of the Lambs
- Frankenstein (the original classic – I had to include it)
- Bride of Frankenstein (OK, also not so scary but it’s great entertainment. Mel Brooks thinks so too)
- Puppet Master
- Child’s Play
- Scanners (look out for those telekinetic powers)
- Bubba Ho-tep (Fun film – Bruce Campbell fans probably like the Evil Dead series better)
- The Evil Dead
- The Hills Have Eyes (1977 film)
- Christine (1983 film)
I threw in a few extra to make up for the less than scary fun movies.
It’s your time to choose!!!
“What makes fingers so attractive for horror writers is that unlike the eyes, we have ten of them. The horror lasts five times longer! And that’s not counting the toes.”